Sunday, April 19, 2009

We Survived!

Sheesh, I just plugged in the computer for the first time in a week, and I'm already a week behind all those dedicated bloggers who have posted every detail of their CWCCA specialty experience!

I'm lucky to finally be home and have a giant heap o'stuff piled on the sofa, while I wait for a magic spell to take effect that will miraculously put everything away without my assistance!

Much more on the specialty later, and I did get at least a few photos. I was lazy though, knowing that Emily was taking a zillion photos, so I hope to see hers soon!

For the brief wrap-up for the Hurrikane Gang:

Kane -

  • finished his NJP (Novice Jumpers Preferred) agility title, with a 2nd place Monday and 1st place Tuesday. This new title also qualifies him for the Versatile Cardigan VC award from the CWCCA!
  • placed 2nd in Veterans obedience both Monday and Tuesday. He NQd in Open B both days, but he did provide some comic relief, especially with his slower than watching paint dry drop on recall! He's a good sport though, and he tried his best.

Syd -

  • skipped all her agility trials because she came in season a week or so before. sigh. little sh*t...
  • made the cut to the final 5 in the brindle bitch class in the Megan on Tuesday night
  • had fun on Saturday in Best of Breed (meaning she did nothing but showed like a superstar)
  • finished the LONNNNNGGGG week with an Award of Merit at the Three Trails CWC Club of KC Regional Specialty under breeder judge Gayle Garvin. Wow, what a good girl to play in the ring one last time and do her mother proud!

Gizmo -

  • survived eating a hole in a bag of dog food at jacque's house and stuffing himself with kibble that is not on his daily menu.
  • had a terrific time and got lots of applause as the Rescue Parade participant, and I think he really enjoyed his few minutes in the spotlight with all the cheering.

Darby -

  • was the prettiest Vallhund at the show
  • had a blast wrestling with any cardigan who was game to take on the undefeated Vallhund!
  • finally met her match when playing with Justice, Garrett's puppy. whew, she was tired, and Justice wanted to keep playing!

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound, and we'll hopefully post more details and some photos later, like MUCH later, after life gets back to normal!

2 comments:

dreameyce said...

If Darby was tired, then Garrett will really have his hands full! heehee

I forgot Ell though- not enough sleep! Maybe Garrett could just box her up and ship her off?

Like I said about today, "Another day, another dog show". I'm glad she did her mama prouder! She showed like a pro all week!

I'm swimming in pics here. I've not even finished editing the 1st days worth of pics! Eeek. I have a feeling this'll be a LONG process!

I miss ya'll already, esp 'my' Darby (As I kept calling her). It's sooooo nice to be home though, and- hubby did his dishes! I'm so proud- it's like he's growing up ;0P

Dawn said...

It sounds like you guys did more than survive-it seems like you all excelled! Glad you all had fun. And so happy for your award of merit-that is really cool.